Company Formation in Bahrain
Updated on Tuesday 05th April 2022
Rate this article 1 reviewsbased on
A country with a very diversified and strong economy, exporting a wide range of goods everywhere in the world, Bahrain attracts many foreign investors who decide to set up a company on its territory. In order to be assisted on the whole process of incorporating, our company formation specialists are the appropriate choice.
Legal structures in Bahrain
The first thing a foreign investor should do, before opening a company in Bahrain, is deciding which type of legal entity is best for him/her, as there are more possibilities to choose from, such as the limited liability company, the joint stock company, the representative or branch office and companies that can be opened in the free zone.
The most common legal structure among foreign investors in Bahrain is the limited liability company. Here are some requirements for this type of company:
• minimum two shareholders;
• at least two directors;
• the shareholders and directors may be of any nationality;
• minimum paid up share capital 53,100$;
• rental of Bahrain office buildings.
Procedure of registering a company in Bahrain
1. Obtain preliminary clearance from the Bahrain Investment Center, more exactly from the Ministry of Industry and Commerce. Some documents need to be submitted for this process.
2. The next step is obtaining the lease grant from the Municipality; the company's location must be approved at by the Municipality as well.
3. Then, after you have obtained the registration approval, you need to notarize the Memorandum of Association at a notary's office.
4. Another important thing is opening a bank account and acquiring a receipt proving the deposit of the share capital.
5. Next is obtaining a certificate of registration from the Ministry of Commerce still at the Bahrain Investment Center Agency. This can also be done with the help of our team.
6. The incorporation notice of the new company needs to be published in the Official Gazette at the Municipality.
7. Last, the company and the employees need to be registered at the General Organisation for Social Insurance. Some documents, such as a copy of the Certificate of Registration, will be requested for this procedure.
Our client will be assisted in forming the right type of company in Bahrain. If you need further information on how to set up a company in Bahrain, or on other countries, please contact our company incorporation agents who will provide a wide range of possibilities for your business.