Company Formation Poland
BridgeWest provides company formation services in Poland. Our assistance includes:
- drawing up the articles of association that can be signed through power of attorney (Polish laws require power of attorney for any public notary proceedings);
- drawing up documents for company incorporation in Poland: specimen signatures, identification papers copies, application form required by the Polish Company Registration Office;
- arranging public notary proceedings (all procedures for company incorporation are done in front of a Polish public notary);
- providing a registered office in Poland on demand; the registered office serves as headquarters for the company in Poland and it will be made public;
- setting up a bank account for the company in Poland; BridgeWest will help in setting up the share capital bank account, as well as a current bank account once the company is incorporated;
- recommending a Polish accountant, as accounting services are needed for new businesses in Poland.
The most common types of companies in Poland
- The Polish limited liability company (Sp. z o.o.) - This type of Polish company is the most common type of business as it allows a minimum of one shareholder and a director. It must also have a management board and a supervisory board or an auditor’s committee. The minimum share capital for a limited liability company in Poland is 5,000 PLN. The shareholders will not be held liable for the company’s debts and obligations.The Polish limited liability company must hold a registered office.
- The Polish joint stock company (S.A., Spolka akcyjna) - This type of company requires a minimum share capital of 100,000 PLN. It requires at least one shareholder, a director, a management board and a supervisory board. The shareholders will not be held liable for the company’s debts and obligations.
- Polish Branch, Subsidiary or Representative Office - Foreign companies are allowed to set up separate enterprises from the parent company, where the foreign company will be a shareholder in a Polish company. Foreign companies can also open extensions of the parent company in Poland.
Taxation in PolandThe standard VAT rate in Poland is 23%, but reduced rates of 8% and 5% apply to certain products.
The corporate tax rate in Poland is 19%.
In Poland, dividends are subject to a withholding tax of 19%, while interests and royalties are subject to a withholding tax rate of 20%, unless double tax treaties apply.
Contact us now for more information regarding how to open a company in Poland and prices.