A country with an export-based, fast-growing economy, Thailand is often chosen by foreign entrepreneurs who want to set up a company. Our experts in company incorporation can offer you complete guidance in order to open your company in Thailand in the shortest amount of time.
Types of Companies in Thailand
An important step that has to be completed by a foreign investor when wanting to open a company in Thailand is deciding on the type of company that best suits his/her interests. Some of the companies that can be formed in Thailand can be found hereunder:
- the partnership;
- the private limited liability company (LLC);
- the public limited company;
- the joint venture.
A foreign entrepreneur can also opt for creating a dependent branch office or a representative one for an existing parent-company overseas.
The most popular legal entity amongst foreign investors is the limited liability company and the demands to be met are as follows:
- minimum three shareholders;
- at least one director;
- minimum capital share is 1$;
- 100% foreign-ownership is allowed.
For assistance in forming a company in Thailand, please contact our company registration specialists.
Steps in Registering a Company in Thailand
1. The first phase consists of choosing and reserving a name for your company at the Department of Business Development.
2. Then you need to pay 25% of the registered capital, amount that has to be deposited in a bank.
3. The third step in registering a company in Thailand is obtaining a corporate seal. The cost of the seal varies on how urgent it has to be ready and this procedure can be completed in as soon as two days.
4. Then you have to register the company as a legal structure, submit the company’s work regulations and obtain the approval for the memorandum of association. All this will be completed at the Ministry of Justice, at two different departments and you have to submit some documents, such as an application form, a certificate for the name reservation and a list with the shareholders. This procedure, along with the others, can be easily carried on by one of our company formation agents. Last, you should register with the Revenue Department for VAT (value-added tax).
The process of a company registration in Thailand
cannot take more than two weeks and we can help you with all the procedures needed and ensure that your company is operating as soon as possible. We can also assist you in establishing businesses
in many other countries as well, so do not hesitate to contact our experts in company incorporation